Leaderboard
728x15

Show Off Setup

Large Rectangle

A few nice photo show images I found:


Show Off Setup
photo show
Image by nickwheeleroz
Strobist Information:

For this picture I wanted to create the illusion of a candle burning extra bright. My first thought was to add some extra wicks into a normal candle and maybe a bit of lamp oil or paraffin. After a couple of tests I decided that was not going to give me the effect I was after, all it did was make a bigger flame and an even bigger mess. I then thought about using a blow torch but this would involve buying some huge candles to make the trick work. The answer lay in a small butane gas soldering iron from Tandy’s. This was about the size of a pencil with a long tip and an adjustable flame. Best of all it was only .

So to put this picture together, I placed three regular candles on top of a black sheet of paper which in turn was on top of a cardboard box. I drilled the centre out of a forth candle and made a hole in the box where the candle would sit. I then pushed the butane torch through the hole into the hollowed out candle. I used a couple of cans to hold the torch high enough and made the final height adjustment with bluetac.

For the lights, I had one SB-28 fired through a translucent umbrella by a PW to the left of the camera. It was set on 1/8th power and 24mm zoom. I placed a second snooted SB-28 with a blue filter over the hollowed out candle. It was set to 1/64th power and 85mm zoom.

For the flames to show up as brightly as possible, I set the shutter speed to 1/8 of a second and had the camera on a tripod fired by a remote shutter release.

I had to take the shot reasonably quickly as the soldering iron produces a temperature of 1300 degrees at the tip of the blue flame and I had a home make cardboard snoot sitting directly above it. Even after a few seconds it was hot to the touch. I had a wet tea towel on standby just in case! :)

Picture here: Show Off Picture

Learn how to light: www.strobist.com


White & Red
photo show
Image by Phoenix Han
Shot at Instituto Cervantes, Beijing.


Test du dimanche n°1
photo show
Image by ricky_photographe
Original : www.flickr.com/photos/ricky_photographe/4909237672/in/set...



modifier avec color efex pro 4

Banner