Leaderboard
728x15

My first car.

Large Rectangle

Some cool change background image images:


My first car.
change background image
Image by bobchin1941
My first car. Scanned from a 35mm transparency.
Taken in the summer of 1964 on the I.O.W.
The car is a 1962 Ford Consul 375 soft top, which I bought second hand at a cost of £595. A second-hand purchase, although it was less than 6 months old when I bought it and had only 1200 miles on the clock. It had bench seats and only had 3 forward gears and a reverse with a steering column gear lever change. (Not me at the wheel)
Background digitally manipulated in Ulead PhotoImpact using the paintbrush, clone and blur tools.


Squibb Building with Sherry Netherland in the background, 74...
change background image
Image by New York Public Library
Digital ID: 482749. Squibb Building with Sherry Netherland in the background, 745 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan.. Abbott, Berenice -- Photographer. November 21, 1935

Notes: Code: I.A.3. Looking through railing of window or balcony above Fifth Ave. at street and buildings.

Source: Changing New York / Berenice Abbott. (more info)

Repository: The New York Public Library. Photography Collection, Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Division of Art, Prints and Photographs.

See more information about this image and others at NYPL Digital Gallery.
Persistent URL: digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypldigital/id?482749

Rights Info: No known copyright restrictions; may be subject to third party rights (for more information, click here)

Banner