Leaderboard
728x15

Fun with a fisheye lens

Large Rectangle

A few nice photo fun images I found:


Fun with a fisheye lens
photo fun
Image by gwilmore (I HATE THE NEW LAYOUT!)
My friend John Power isn't a member of Flickr, but he should be. Until today, he was the High Priests group leader in our LDS ward. However, he has been released, and Yours Truly was called to be one of the two assistants to the new group leader, but that's another story for another day. John works on the side as a photographer, mostly of weddings and the like, and does quite well with it. He recently purchased a Nikon D200, along with some lenses and other accessories; and after church today, he invited me over to examine his new toy and play around with it a little bit myself.

For this picture, I used my own Nikon D50, to which I attached John's 10.5mm f/2.8 fisheye lens. I had never used a fisheye lens before, but was amazed how much fun I had with his. This picture is one of three that I took with it, and I chose to post the photo because it is the only one of the three in which I appear. (Or part of me, at least. I don't like to do self-portraits, but in this case I felt my presence would add something to the photo.) The appearance of my foot in this image was intentional, and the setting, of course, is the den at John's house.

My EXIF data will probably show that this image went through Photoshop Elements, but all I did there was look at it. This photo was not edited or retouched in any way before I posted it. No flash was used, either; with a 2.8 lens, I was able to capture this image using nothing but ambient lighting.

For sheer fun, this one has to be included among my own favorite pictures, although I don't imagine it will be noticed all that much on Flickr. But I'm posting it anyway, in the hope that whoever does see it enjoys it.


One Strange Duck
photo fun
Image by jah~
Rubber Sphinxy lit up from the inside below against cc licensed photo from swamibu on laptop LCD: www.flickr.com/photos/swamibu/2223726960/. Not on vacation yet, but getting close! Maybe sphinxy will join us.

Banner