Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Upload Photos photos

Large Rectangle

A few nice upload photos images I found:


Press
upload photos
Image by Daniele Zedda
So I uploaded this pic yesterday morning and head off to work thinking I would fill up the description and other info but I came home late and totally forgot...
Weeks are very pressing, everyday I leave home before 9am and come back at about 8pm, 2 days a week I come back after midnight because of my teaching + learning.

About that:
I'm on my second week of a photo reportage course, something I always sucked at doing.
I generally don't like tackling long-ish projects, I usually base my work on peaks of inspiration.
It's a very new thing to me, but I'm enjoying it and will try to make the best of it.

I think this is the last picture of my last Sunday I will be uploading, as awesome as the place is, I hate to milk the cow completely dry.
Unfortunately after an inspiration peak fades, stuff gets old, and I hate to dig up old stuff that is just part of another time.
This is the reason I always sucked at projects.

Editing:
- Camera and lens profiling in camera raw, highlight and shadow recovery.
- Time consuming dust cloning...
- A little transformation to correct perspective distortion.
- A hint of radial blurring on the sky to smoothen out some ugly clouds.
- B&W conversion using Silver Efex pro adding strucure.
- Local contrast control using curves.
- Saturation boost on greens.
- Color grading with a sand color soft light layer.

www.danielezedda.com
Facebook
Google+
Twitter
500px
Pinterest


Columnar jointed sill at Calton Hill quarry, Derbyshire
upload photos
Image by Earthwatcher
Originally uploaded for the Guesswhere UK group.

Calton Hill quarry was worked for basalt (roadstone or railway ballast, I think) but closed quite a number of years ago. The quarry exposed a complex section through a volcanic vent and associated dolerite sill. The columns in centre of the photo are part of the sill, but there are also an extensive series of basalt lavas, tuffs (volcanic ash) and vent agglomerates ( shattered and fragmented rock that has fallen back into the former volcano crater) some of which can be seen in the darker, finer grained material in the upper part of the cliff.

The quarry was partly used as a landfill site, but that is now completed, capped and grassed over. The steep grassy slope with thin terraces in the upper left is the front limit of the landfill.


See where this picture was taken. [?]

Banner