Leaderboard
728x15

Collage

Large Rectangle

Check out these picture collages images:


Collage
picture collages
Image by *cedro*
18-01-2009


Cless @ Elephant
picture collages
Image by infamecless
[Cover: Valero Doval}

www.elephantmag.com



CLESS

Collage a Jigsaw

by Ana Ibarra

Why have you chosen to work with collage?

I am a graffiti artist. I have always loved Pop Art, its design, its logos, its fonts… I thing led to another and all of them had something in common, the collage. I think the collage I able to mix all forms of art and more in perfect harmony. It has an incredible graphic power.

What comes first: idea, or image?

The image without a doubt.. I can have ideas, imagine projects but it is when I look at a magazine or a newspaper that the images catch my attention and they take a place in my head, like a jigsaw, the fit in! I can see it so clearly in some occasions

Do you have an archive of cutouts?

I like to work with paper. I work with magazine and papers that I pick up from the streets or material that people gives to me.
I like to find the stuff; I like the fact that the encounters are made by chance. I collect magazine, newspapers, catalogues, pictures. Regarding the digital collage, I save the files on different folders depending on the type of image. I like to surf the web and get as many images as I can, I reckon I am obsessed with it. I love to surf and to steal images, but what I try to do is create a new image, very different of the one that I started working with, leaving it unrecognizable so it is my own creation.

Do you throw a lot away?

I reuse most of the materials, as much as I can of course. I save every piece even small ones as later on I will try to fit it on a different creation, That is something that I love to do!
I have manage to create collages using every single little piece without throwing anything away, see that everything fits it is just incredible



powered & translated LadyBurn


I can't believe that night turned into today.
picture collages
Image by shesthereasonfortheworld
It was requested of me to show my big collages and such :) I'm still working on them, and the wall beside it.
Feel free to make more requests ^_^

If you're looking at this picture, add me as a contact.

Banner