Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Online Photo Editor images

Large Rectangle

Some cool online photo editor images:


How to Use Flickr, The Digital Photography Revolution
online photo editor
Image by Thomas Hawk
Posted this at my blog today:

"Well if you read this blog regularly then you know I love Flickr (almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world). But while frequent Flickr users may love the capabilities of the site, it can still be a formidable thing to navigate for the more casual photographer or beginner new to the whole online photo sharing thing.

It’s great then to see Richard Giles out with his fine new book, How to Use Flickr, The Digital Photography Revolution. I would heartily recommend this 276 page primer for anyone who is interested in learning the ropes of how Flickr works a bit more. The book also would also make a great gift for a friend of family member if you are already a Flickr old hand but would like to help someone new get into the service. At a little over for the book from Amazon it’s a bargain.

Even though the book is a great book for Flickr newcomers, I also still found myself, even as a more advanced Flickr user, learning quite a bit (especially about the history of Flickr and the staff).

The book is organized and laid out nicely and is structured in an easy way to figure Flickr out on a step by step basis. It starts out with basic chapters about things like “Introducing Flickr” and “Getting Started” and progresses through all of the various aspects of the service ending with more advance uses and the last chapter, “Third-Party Flickr Tools.”

Throughout the book there are great little anecdote sections that bring up all kinds of interesting Flickr trivia and information. Things like Flickr Coincidences, how the “May Offend” button works, special html tags for posting to Flickr or blogs, etc. Hey, even Thomas Hawk gets a mention in one, but I won't say where. There are also many interviews with tech heavyweights about Flickr like Boing Boing’s Cory Doctorow, CNET’s Esther Dyson (an early investor), and various high profile Flickr members themselves.

Included in the book also are great rundowns on some of the more popular groups and Flickr forums, a pretty handy writeup on how the various licensing for your photos work on Flickr (creative commons and all it’s variations vs. all rights reserved, etc.), uploading via email or with your mobile phone, etc.

Overall I was impressed with the completeness of the book while at the same time I was impressed with how easy it was to read and follow. Author Richard Giles, who also produces The Gadget Show podcast, did a thorough job, and as Technical Editor Flickr member Striatic keeps lots of the more advanced Flickr info in line. It’s great to see a book like this out there and I wish them lots of success!

I’ve written a couple of other posts on Flickr basics myself including “Top 10 Tips for Getting Attention on Flickr” and “Top 10 Ways to Find Great Photos on Flickr.”


Once upon a midnight dreary
online photo editor
Image by elycefeliz
27/100 Possibilities~ 100 Possibilities Project set

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgar_Allan_Poe
Edgar Allan Poe (January 19, 1809 – October 7, 1849) was an American poet, short-story writer, editor and literary critic. Best known for his tales of mystery and the macabre, Poe was one of the earliest American practitioners of the short story and is considered the inventor of the detective-fiction genre. He is further credited with contributing to the emerging genre of science fiction. He was the first well-known American writer to try to earn a living through writing alone, resulting in a financially difficult life and career.

He was born Edgar Poe in Boston, Massachusetts, on January 19, 1809, the second child of actress Elizabeth Arnold Hopkins Poe and actor David Poe, Jr. He had an elder brother, William Henry Leonard Poe, and a younger sister, Rosalie Poe. His father abandoned their family in 1810, and his mother died a year later from consumption. Poe was then taken into the home of John Allan, a successful Scottish merchant in Richmond, Virginia, who dealt in a variety of goods including tobacco, cloth, wheat, tombstones, and slaves. The Allans served as a foster family but never formally adopted Poe, though they gave him the name "Edgar Allan Poe".

online.wsj.com/article/SB123197476396583373.html

www.poemuseum.org/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annabel_Lee

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.
Eagerly I wished the morrow; - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my books surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Lenore -
For the rare and radiant maiden whom the angels named Lenore -
Nameless here for evermore.

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain
Thrilled me - filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;
So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating
`'Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door -
Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door; -
This it is, and nothing more,'

Presently my soul grew stronger; hesitating then no longer,
`Sir,' said I, `or Madam, truly your forgiveness I implore;
But the fact is I was napping, and so gently you came rapping,
And so faintly you came tapping, tapping at my chamber door,
That I scarce was sure I heard you' - here I opened wide the door; -
Darkness there, and nothing more.


www.heise.de/ix/raven/Literature/Lore/TheRaven.html

Dreams

Banner