Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Photo Lighting images

Large Rectangle

Check out these photo lighting images:


Fearless: 4 of 31
photo lighting
Image by Jef Harris
The Fearless shoot was my chance to really plan a shoot unique to my creative relationship with Alexandra Rodionova. The goal was to compare fashion of today with fashion and photography of around the time I was born, (1967). I used two full issues of Andy Warhol's original Interview Magazine for the background. It was a tough choice cutting up those magazines. These are really rare and really expensive. But if I wasn't going to put everything I had into this it just wouldn't be worth doing. This was one of those shoots were everything came together. The hair, (Mark), the makeup, (Caroline), the outfit, the background, the lighting, everything.

Model: Alexandra Rodionova
www.alexandrarodionova.net


Correct Outdoor Lighting
photo lighting
Image by makelessnoise
Kudos to the lighting designer for this building.

The lighting on the Davis County (Utah) Library is a model of correct outfoor lighting techniques. Nothing glares in your eyes, no light trespasses on to adjascent properites. It's lit to appropriate levels. I tried to make sure that the image I saw on the camera LCD matched what I saw with my eyes. The only difference was that I could actually see the stars.

It's not the number of photons, but where they are directed that makes effective lighting.

[edit] This photo can look wildly different depending to your monitor's settings. You might have to take my word for it that the lighting is really good.


Christmas on the Champs-Élysées
photo lighting
Image by Stuck in Customs
This is one of the most famous streets in the world, so I wanted to do my best to capture it in as romantic a way as possible. The time of day usually does a lot to affect the mood, and these classical places (especially in Paris) are often better to shoot in the evening or night. The dusk light is different than the morning light. And, frankly, it’s easier to stay up past sunset than it is to wake up before the sun rises.

I love how these cities put up lights on the trees. I wish all cities would do this at night. Some people complain about “light pollution”, but photographers won’t!

Trey's Tip: While I don’t mind making a busy street look hectic with the hustle and bustle of little ants marching, in this case, I wanted it to look fairly empty. The two ways to do this are to shoot at a high f-stop or to shoot when it is raining and people don’t walk on the streets. This is the latter case. Normally, in an HDR, the rain does not show up – just the nice reflective wetness that stays behind.


from the blog at www.stuckincustoms.com

Banner