Leaderboard
728x15

My New Camera

Large Rectangle

Check out these my photos images:


My New Camera
my photos
Image by Josh Kenzer
267/365

My birthday is tomorrow, but my wife will be out of town. So she made me this cake today. I love that she did this. It was her first attempt at using foundant and I think it was harder than she thought it would be. My favorite part is that she created my 50mm lens on the camera and also my 100mm lens incase I needed to zoom in or get a macro photo.

Strobist: Vivitar 285hv at 1/4 power through softbox. It was positioned behind the cake - above the camera strap in the photo. I used two pieces of white poster board in front - directly under the camera - to help fill the shadows. Triggered with a Cactus V4.


My first taste of photography - 236/365
my photos
Image by foshydog
My freshman year of high school I was pulled into the photography class somehow. I'm not sure how or why it happened but I had fun with it. I didn't own a camera so the art teacher let me borrow his so I could take some photos. I only took 2 rolls worth of shots and this was one of mine from the first roll. The idea was to take a photo that showed one of your senses. This was my photo of taste. I asked my dad to help me and he just stuck out his tongue and I snapped this one off. It's not a great photo but that doesn't really matter. I'm not sure if my dad would pose like this again. He might. He enjoysmy photos so he just might help me out if I needed him for an assignment. Maybe I will have him pose for this shot again. This roll of film was my first and last roll of film I developed myself. That's right, the film was developed in the dark room. I was amazed it actually exposed properly. I tried to develop another roll and it turned out horribly. I also developed this photo. I have no clue where the negative is.

So this was my first real taste of photography. I didn't do anymore photography after this class. I ended up just getting into painting and drawing. I was never really that good but I somehow got into all the advanced classes. I think the teacher liked me so he just let me into the classes. No matter, I had lots of fun in those art classes and most of my friends were in there.

strobist info: flash camera left into a DIY beauty dish with a DIY white diffuser over it at 1/4 power.

Lick It!

08/24/2010


My First HDR!
my photos
Image by Sam, W
Heres my first attempt at one of those HDR type things. Tried it first with photoshop, the effect was, well, pointless, didnt seem capable of bringing out all the colours. I'm sure this could have had a bit more twiddling but, well, its my first, used Photomatix (its printed all over the photo), Excellent bit of software!

Banner