Leaderboard
728x15

Magical book

Large Rectangle

Some cool flash photo images:


Magical book
flash photo
Image by jakub_hla
Playing with flash again. This is actually an outtake, because the flash was supposed to bounce off the open book and it showing up in the photo was not my intention. However I was not satisfied with the rest of the photos so I'm gonna try again.

The book is an anniversary double edition of Terry Pratchet's first 2 Discworld books - The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic...and it is indeed magical :-)

Strobist info:
1 x SB-28 @ 1/8 power into the open book, triggered via Cactus V4


Sinuosity
flash photo
Image by Bill Gracey
Lit with an off camera SB-600 flash fitted with a snoot, for tight control of the light.

Other Calla Lilies that I have exploited, can be seen here. www.flickr.com/photos/9422878@N08/sets/72157626082181550/

Like most photographs, it looks better large. Please press "L" if you'd like to see it that way.


self portrait with DIY ring flash
flash photo
Image by foshydog
Like everyone else has said, I have been seeing these DIY ring flash pics and I figured I might as well get into the mix. I really do like the way these photos look. I spent one evening making the housing and then I covered it tonight with a white plastic table cover.

Strobist info
580exII
1/8 power I think
28 zoom - the zoom was originally tighter and it seemed like there was too much light at the bottom of the ring. I made it wider so more light would spread around the ring.
ISO 100, 5.6, 1/100

You can see the final product here
flickr.com/photos/foshydog/2198285467/

Read how I made it here
flickr.com/photos/foshydog/2198284995/

You can see the setup for this shoot here
www.flickr.com/photos/foshydog/2198285259/

Banner