Leaderboard
728x15

The Victor

Large Rectangle

A few nice nature image images I found:


The Victor
nature image
Image by Bill Gracey
In this image, the heroic hummer has drive off the bird that had been in front of it at my sister's feeder. Of course, during the period that he was putting the other bird to flight, thirteen other birds took his place at the feeder. If only they could all get along. But, that's not the hummingbird way.

Strobist Info: The feeder was in shadow while the trees in the background were in full sunlight, so I put bare strobes on light stands on either side of the feeder in order to balance the light on the hummingbirds with the light on the trees. Without the flash, the birds were in shadow. The YN560-II and YN560 were in manual mode and were triggered by a Yongnuo RF-603N. These birds move around so fast that focus is extremely difficult. What I ended up doing was to put the camera on a tripod, manually focus on an area and then use a remote trigger when a bird flew into the area. About 1/3 of my images turned out acceptably sharp. This one was borderline, but I liked having the fleeing bird in the picture. Below in the 1st comment you can see an exposure without the strobes.

Other hummingbird pictures that I have taken over the years can be seen in my Hummingbirds set. www.flickr.com/photos/9422878@N08/sets/72157627149575339/...


Premade BG 86
nature image
Image by ~Brenda-Starr~
This image is free to use in your creative works.

Please do not redistribute or make small changes and claim it as your own.

Please provide credit via a link under your work back to this image or to my account where possible.

I would love to see how you use my image, so please leave me a link or a small copy in my comment box below.

Thank you,
Brenda.

I belong to this set - ~Premade BGs~

If you are looking for more stock images and textures, please check out my group
"Brenda's Stock Resources".

Tree & clouds brushes with thanks to PNGTubes com




Ataque em cores / Colorful atack
nature image
Image by Leandro Arndt
Pescando em Fernando de Noronha - dessa vez em cores e sem sujeira!
(Veja também em preto e branco)

Fishing at Fernando de Noronha, this time in colors and without dust!
(Also in black and white)

Kodak Pro Image 100 / Canon EOS 300 / Canon EF 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS
HP Scanjet G4050 / Vuescan

Banner