Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Photo Printer photos

Large Rectangle

Some cool photo printer images:


Plant Labels
photo printer
Image by F. D. Richards
I have close to 300 dahlias planted this year. I normally hand write labels for identification. This year I am trying out a new system. I have a spreadsheet on Google that I list all of my dahlias. I exported the sheet to an OpenOffice format (.ods). Using OpenOffice I created an OpenOffice database. Then I used the Label function in OO to generate labels. I used Avery 1X2 5/8 labels with a laser printer. I had a ton of these address labels from a previous life. The plant sticks (markers from www.dpind.com) that I use are only 5/8 inches wide, so I had to fold the label over. Not shown in the photo, the reverse side has some additional plant info (in a smaller font). Time will tell if these labels will last through the season. I normally use Sharpie industrial pens. Normal ink tends to fade out quickly. This whole process was very easy to do. However, I did spend a lot of time checking out different fonts. Detailed instructions on how to print labels from OO can be found on the web. Printing labels like this will also help quite a bit when I store the tubers over winter.


Day Two Hundred: Wrath
photo printer
Image by DJOtaku
"Wrath (Latin, ira), also known as anger or "rage", may be described as inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger. These feelings can manifest as vehement denial of the truth, both to others and in the form of self-denial, impatience with the procedure of law, and the desire to seek revenge outside of the workings of the justice system (such as engaging in vigilantism) and generally wishing to do evil or harm to others. The transgressions born of vengeance are among the most serious, including murder, assault, and in extreme cases, genocide." - From Wikipedia article on the Seven Deadly Sins

I do not actually harbor feelings of wrath towards this printer. I just needed something that I wouldn't mind accidentally hitting with the mallet. Good thing too, as I got a little caught up in things and ended up slamming it with the mallet. Luckily, I wasn't going that hard and it's a rubber mallet so nothing happened to the printer.

A little more into my photo's evolution. Originally I was going to do this with a hammer. When I went into the garage to get the hammer, I saw the mallet and realized it would translate a lot better on the photograph as the head is much larger and easier to see in the photo.

I'm a pretty easy-going guy so it takes a lot to drive me to wrath. Of all the Seven Deadly Sins, I am least likely to commit this one. I'm a lot more likely to be plain angry and infinitely more likely to be annoyed rather than wrathful.

Like most things I've read about other people's self-portrait processes on flickr, the frame I selected actually happened really early in the shoot. The more I tried to top this shot, the more dissapointed with the results I got. At least it wasn't the FIRST frame I shot...


DSCN0522--.JPG
photo printer
Image by mmeiser2
I risked reprimand for taking this picture out of the Federal Buildings in downtown Chicago, but I couldn't resist. It's an excellent photo looking South down Federal Street on the right and South Dearborn on the left toward Printer's Row one of my favorite areas of Chicago where I lived for three or so years. The tall building in the middle left is the Fisher Building, followed by the Old Colony Building, the Manhattan Building and then the rest of Printer's Row. I'm pretty sure the building directly in the middle is the top of my favorite Chicago building The Manadanock. Printer's Chicago's oldest skyscrapper district. Built by publishers, printers and typehouses and though they're pretty much all gone it's the home to the Yearly Printer's Row Book Fair.

Banner